Here is one for the parents

A Parent’s Guide to Online Education Resources

WP Greet Box icon

Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic.

Once upon a time, I was a brand spankin’ new, fresh-faced, wide-eyed homeschooling mom. You see, I never ever planned, let alone pictured myself in this role, EVER.  It’s just that unexpected life circumstances practically begged me to start homeschooling my children to create the kind of flexibility my kids and I needed to be able to visit my husband more often, who at that time traveled full time for work.

Who would have thought I’d still be homeschooling seven years later?!  In that time that I’ve been around the block and back — I’ve learned alot, but even more so, I’ve grown a desire to help others who have found themselves on their own journey to provide their children with the best education they can, whatever that may look like for their family.  So I put together a roundup of the types of free education resources I would have loved to have found compiled all in one spot, when I first began combing the ‘net for ideas with only a week to plan the material I would use to create curriculum for our homeschool.

Online Educational Resources 2

While each of these resources linked below would work well in most homeschools, most would also work well as a supplement to any traditional school curriculum.  This list is by no means all-inclusive or comprehensive – these are just some of our online favorites and the faves of some friends who I polled for ideas.  I do intend to add to this list over time, but as you can see, it is already lengthy so peruse at your leisure.  My suggestion would be this — Click through to the sites applicable to the current age group of your children, and bookmark and pin this post for later use.  Bonus points if you send it to your mom friends!  ;)

All Ages

Preschool and Elementary

Middle School

High School

Gifted Education

Facebook Groups for Parents

What would you add to this list of online resources for parents?  I’m always looking for new ideas and would love to hear YOUR favorites!  If you would like to learn more about how you get help navigating educational options for your child, click here to learn about our educational consulting and parent coaching  :)